The LCD screen is one of the most expensive component of your laptop or desktop computer and they're very sensitive to dust, fingerprints or even when you cough or sneeze without covering the mouth and nose.
Unlike the Standard CRT monitors, Laptops are made with LCD displays. Liquid crystal displays can yellow with certain cleaning products and be easily scratched.
So how do you clean an LCD monitor screen ? We look at some appropriate methods and precautions before you clean the monitor (should apply to HDTVs, projection TVs and Plasma TVs as well)
- Be wise and never put even the slightest pressure on the computer screen with your hand.
- Don't try tissue papers, toilet rolls or even shower towels as the fabric will scratch your screen permanently (like sandpaper or utensil scrubbers)
- You need to find a piece of soft cloth
- Either turns the monitor off or set the background to black and hide all the desktop icons and minimizes the open windows. This will easily help you spot the dirty areas of the monitor.
- Make ready a solution for cleaning LCD monitors, you will need deionized or distilled water and vinegar or iso-propyl alcohol
- Don't use tap water or mineral water as they could leave white marks on the screen because of the dissolved salts.